Wednesday, August 12, 2009

many moons ago..


He asked me softly
As the tears ran down
In between my sobs
And my mindless questions

How many times must he do this?
Until you leave and don't look back
Have you ever asked him?
How many other girls must He try?

How many people must tell him no
Before he realizes your the one…
The angel Fallen from heaven
That no one could do better

How could he pass this up?
Leave you like this
He doesn't desrve you,
But I didn't listen.. I never do

I defended you
I said your finding yourself
Looking in other doors
And as they close mine will open

Like a loop in time
The pain over and over again
Doing things set in repeat
The same feelings must end

Your wrong we could be
Just like old days Together again
Dancing in the rain faliing in love
but after so long does it become a sin

I've trusted you
Through everything
Been here when you need me
And sat patiently

Do you honesyly want me
my door is always open
must I shut it before you want it?
Will you close it once it opens?

Don't you ever feel like me?
Like we are a movie everyone's watching
On the edge of their seats
Waiting for the hapily after ending.

But that's not this movie
It's been scratched
And it's like a CD stuck on repeat
Playing the same sad song over again

Didn't you hear?
On that night many moons ago
You broke my heart
So this is how I know...

We we are the suprise ending
To the sad show
The one where no one saw it coming
Where it's never a joyful closing

You only see me when you need me
But will you ever want me
Have you ever noticed you run to me in pain?
When they all hurt you

You come crying to me
If I were like the rest
I wouldn't let you come back
I would turn you away

But I keep letting my shoulder
Be your resting place
So leave me be.
Let me be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment